A Simple and Effective Home Remedy for Healing the Lungs


“Mom, this remedy sounds like an old wives fable, but you could try it.”

I was speaking to my mother by phone in 1997 from our large library, reading to her from an herbal book, Miracle Medicine Herbs by Richard Lucas, which described a weird-sounding poultice that was supposed to help lung function.

My mother was in Florida, caring for her father, my dearly-loved grandfather.

He had pneumonia, and his lungs were 80% full of fluid. He was 86.

My grandmother had unusually agreed to try the drugs a doctor suggested, and his lungs had gotten worse, not better.

He was on the verge of death.

“I will try anything right now,” my mother said.

They put a garlic poultice on my grandfather’s feet for three consecutive nights, and incredibly all the lung fluid was GONE!

___________________

In 2011 we used this same unusual garlic poultice again, to help save my older sister’s life.

My thumbs became blistered and raw from peeling so many cloves of garlic, as I poulticed her feet every night for five long weeks…but the fluid from a raging infection in her body, caused by an enormous 35-pound ovarian tumor, receded.

She did finally agree to have major surgery to remove the tumor, but her body was strong and her liver was clean.

Her life was spared.

______________


Once more, in 2015, I used a garlic poultice for someone very ill and finally diagnosed with five dental abscesses.

This garlic poultice helped bring the infections down, and they lived.

___________________


You can laugh and scoff, but garlic can help save lives.

It works marvelously and seemingly miraculously on the lungs through the soles of the feet. 

The soles of our feet and palms of our hands contain electrical meridians connected to all parts of the body.

And yes, this poultice does smell “to high heaven”, but why care about the awful smell when people you love, who are very sick, get better when they use garlic, internally and externally?

This is the home remedy I would use if I had a family member or loved one in respiratory distress of any kind - asthma, chest colds, sinus issues, "Covid-19 corona virus", flu, pneumonia, coughs, etc.

This remedy may help save someone’s life. 

Disclaimer: I am NOT a medical doctor, and therefore this is a SUGGESTION ONLY!

Also, I strongly suggest everyone CALM DOWN. 

Fear affects the Immune System negatively!! 

Guilt also depresses the immune system, so it is important to get your heart right with our Father in Heaven through our Advocate, Yeshua.

Our Creator knows just how long each one of us will live physically, and at some point we each must recognize He ultimately sustains our lives.



Very Simple Tools Needed:

1. Two Bulbs of Garlic – one for each foot, per night

2. Olive Oil or other vegetable oil, needed to oil each foot before the poultice is applied, so the garlic oil doesn’t burn the skin.

3.  Two White Cotton Handkerchiefs, or a piece of white cotton sheet. Don’t use colored material, it has dyes.

4. One pair of white cotton socks, used to cover the poultice and hold it on the foot overnight.

5.  A cutting board, and a knife.





How to Assemble the Garlic Poultice:

Break the garlic cloves off the bulb, press each clove firmly onto the cutting board with the flat side of the knife to loosen the skin, and peel each clove.


Then thinly slice each clove. 

This takes only about 5-10 minutes.




Place the garlic slices in the middle of the cloth/handkerchief in the shape and size of the bottom of the intended foot.

My apologies for the un-ironed and stained fabric, I couldn't find anything else to use and was trying to get this blog written!

Fold up the top and bottom of the cloth.


Fold the sides, so you now have a “garlic burrito”.


OIL THE SOLES OF EACH FOOT AND TOES THOROUGHLY with Olive Oil! 

Don’t forget this step or the garlic oil can blister the skin. 

I actually forgot this step for an hour or so, hence no oiling photo, and felt my foot heating up...so I just pulled off the entire thing, rubbed on some almond oil, and put it all back on. It wasn't a problem because I didn't leave it on all night.

Then carefully flip the poultic over, and place the THIN-fabric side of the “burrito” against the bottom of the foot. 

This poultice is too short for my very big foot - you actually want the length to match your foot size, so the toes also connect with the garlic.

You can use a thin strip of cloth to bind the poultice on, too, if you have one, as it helps hold the poultice in place. 

Try to have the garlic all over the bottom of the foot and toes.

Cover the poultice with the white cotton sock. 



Repeat these instructions for the second foot.

Do this nightly on each foot until labored breathing symptoms subside.

Soak and wash the poultice cloths and socks the next day, using them or another set of cloths and socks the next night. 

If sick people are critical, I'd apply the poultice again in the morning, and keep it on 24-hours-a-day.

_______________

Garlic is anti-viral, anti-biotic, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic. It is a natural diuretic and gives you energy.

Ancient Greek wrestlers ate garlic before they wrestled. 

In World War I, the Russian Army used garlic to treat wounded soldiers.

If you or someone you love has a lung infection, give this easy and inexpensive garlic poultice a try.


I have partial-Italian ancestry and try to grow a large 300-bulb bed of garlic annually. 


Garlic is my main "go-to herbal remedy" when I am sick, because taking handfuls of minced garlic several times a day helped save my life when I was twenty-two years old. 

I had nearly died from pancreatitis and my digestive organs shutting down due to several factors - among them overwork and inorganic chemical exposure.

Garlic is NOT a remedy for everyone, internally. 
Some people despise garlic and their stomachs do not handle eating large quantities. 

However, this garlic poultice used externally on the feet worked very well on my older sister, and she is one who does NOT do well taking garlic by mouth.

Garlic is helpful to have on-hand for illness situations like we are experiencing right now, worldwide.

May the people affected around the world by lung issues, the flu or pneumonia, have a complete and speedy recovery of their physical health. 


Your friend in health and healing, with love,

Elise



Now Thank We All Our God


1.  Now thank we all our God 
with heart and hands and voices, 
who wondrous things has done, 
in Whom this world rejoices; 
who from our mothers' arms 
has blessed us on our way 
with countless gifts of love, 
and still is ours today.


2. O may this bounteous God 
through all our life be near us, 
With ever joyful hearts 
and blessed peace to cheer us, 
And keep us in his grace, 
and guide us when perplexed, 
And free us from all ills 
in this world and the next. 


3. All praise and thanks to God 
the Father now be given, 
The Son and Him Who reigns, 
who Them in highest heaven 
The one eternal God, 
whom earth and Heaven adore; 
For thus it was, is now, 
and shall be evermore.


~ Hymn text by Martin Rinckart, c. 1636

Translated from the German language by Catherine Winkworth

Martin Rinckart (1586-1649) was born in Eilenburg, Germany - a small city near Leipzig, which in the 20th century ended up behind the Iron Curtain in East Germany for several decades.

Rinckart studied for the Lutheran ministry, and was called to serve as pastor of the church at Eilenburg, his home town.   He arrived there just before the beginning of the Thirty Years War, a war that devastated Germany in general and Eilenburg in particular.  Being a walled city, Eilenburg became a place of refuge and soon became badly overcrowded, rendering it susceptible to disease.  The plague of 1637 decimated the town, killing 8,000 people, including Rinckart’s wife.  Rinckart often conducted forty or fifty funerals a day for plague victims.

It seems incongruous that a hymn like “Now Thank We All Our God” should come out of such circumstances.  However, Rinckart wrote the first two stanzas, not as a hymn for public worship, but as a table grace for his family.  At the end of the war, his hymn was sung to celebrate the signing of the Peace of Westphalia — the treaty that ended the war.

But we would know nothing of this hymn except for the good work of Catherine Winkworth, an English woman who translated many German hymns into English — this hymn and “Christ the Lord is Risen Today” being the best known."

— Copyright 2006, Richard Niell Donovan


Psalm 116


I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me,
therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
The sorrows of death compassed me, 
and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
Then called I upon the name of the Lord;
Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
Return unto thy rest, O my soul;
for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.
For thou hast delivered my soul from death,
mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
I said in my haste, All men are liars.
What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.
I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people.
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
Lord, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant,
and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, 
and will call upon the name of the Lord.
I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people.
In the courts of the Lord's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. 
Praise ye the Lord.








Blogger Template by Clairvo