Hurry Up, Ladies!


This work depicts a Huntaway dog barking to move ewes and their lambs through a gate. It was a half-sheet “masterpiece” I painted in NZ, and it sold immediately at the opening reception of the Pukekohe annual art show. I priced the work before even starting it because I’d learned about the show deadline very late…and felt that selling it was a large sacrifice, even though it did help finance my final six months in the country. The people attending the show voted it second favorite and I saw that they stood around marvelling at the amount of detail. New Zealanders know sheep and I am grateful they appreciated the huge effort I had made to finish this piece in time for the show! One farmer told me, “you see, the dog is busy with those sheep over there (on the left), but see that lamb? He’s about to break away!”
Blogger Template by Clairvo