Blessings Abound

blessings abound painting


The simplicity of this little 12×16 watercolor reminds me of how I have been so wonderfully provided for, for many years. The oatmeal bread was made by a friend, Katie. The tomatoes were gifts from another friend, Ken. I made grilled-cheese sandwiches with garlic and tomato, after finishing the scene, so the props did not go to waste! The bread was a bit dry, though I had refrigerated it each evening, and the muenster cheese was quite inedible after sitting out for many hours…

I have often lived and painted “in the wilderness”. My sister recently shared with me an insight: the “logos” is the entire written Word, which we know as the biblical scriptures. These words have given me so much direction in life. However, a “rhema” is a more personal direction, the hearing of His voice, and it is this direction that has enabled me, by grace, the sustaining power to continue to walk what I know is the path set for me before the “foundation of the world”. I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven, who has been to me exactly what He has promised to be during these many years – a kind and gentle Shepherd!

“And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy Yah led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest obey his commandments, or no. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.” – Deut. 8:2-3
Blogger Template by Clairvo