Details Matter

We live in a world replete with visible as well as invisible intricate detail.


This detail is not separated from the whole, it is intertwined and cohesive.


All details in Nature form a unified whole.


Since our visual reality is only around 6% of the created Universe, can you imagine how much detail exists in the invisible realm of spirit and soul (mind, will and emotion)?


As a representational artist, my eyes and senses must constantly notice and tune into little things – variations in color, values of dark against light, big and small shapes and sizes.


All of these elements change when light changes even slightly in strength or direction.




Kindness and Love, Received Gratefully


My sister kindly sent me a financial gift recently, with a note, “Have a massage or a foot reflexology on me…”


True to form, instead I bought canvas with her gift. Investing to continue painting outside this summer, en plein air, as around sunset, air is often humid and damp and watercolor paper doesn’t dry.


 
Finding Inspiration at a Likely Spot


I biked to Burlington, Vermont a couple weeks ago with my older niece. She taught me a new route and I decided to return and paint a long-distance view of the beautiful Adirondack Mountains across Lake Champlain.


A little field above the bike path and beach found me. I had brought my watercolors that first day, waiting for canvas to arrive. A lone red chair invited me to paint at this perfectly secluded place.


It was a peaceful afternoon.


I painted a couple hours on each of two small 7x10 inch pieces, focusing intently on their creation and enjoying both solitude and sunshine.


A week later I returned with my acrylics and canvas to this spot, deciding to paint the exact same views with different lighting and clouds, starting about an hour later in the afternoon.


The acrylic canvases were 10x20 inches. Don’t let anyone tell you realistic watercolor is “quick and easy” – I’ve found gaining accurate values with acrylic is much faster to do than with watercolor!


A woman came to read a book and enjoy the gorgeous evening views as I finished the final piece.


I greeted her and returned to intently focusing on my color mixing.


At times I threw the canvas on the ground a few feet away from me, to see the piece at a greater distance. I wanted to gain a visual of how the detail combined to make an effect on the entire scene.


Acrylic pigment dries darker than what it looks like when you put it down, and also gives me the ability to paint light over dark.


Mixing in enough white still requires a lot of thought and when it’s hot, it dries very quickly, so you must work as quickly as you can. I mixed on the canvas part of the time.


Watercolor, a media I’ve used for forty years now, uses no white pigment. The paper alone is my white. Watercolors are built up slowly from light to dark, and the pigment dries lighter than it is when painted onto paper.


These opposites in creation make painting in acrylic a great challenge, which I enjoy!


And so, the pieces each appeared.


After I was finished painting, a sailboat appeared, sailing on white wings like a bird from Burlington’s harbor, as if it planned to be a model for a future painting. I took photos.



 


The Importance of Little Things



Color, value, shape, size, and how these change even ever-so-slightly are key when painting realism. It is these myriad visual details which allow a painting to gain feeling, depth and a true sense of reality.

Details and thoroughness are part of sustaining Life.


Our decision to change and do, to create and destroy matter when painting and when living life.


For another example, blood ph, essential to bodily health, must remain stable and between 7.35 and 7.45 for mankind to live.


I’ve been studying Scalar Energy recently, and how it differs from Hertzian Frequency.


Scalar frequency radiates out from a central point and stores information.


I try to picture all these invisible sound and light frequencies, some linear standing waves, others circular, all melding together in harmony, like ocean waves. All invisible yet perfectly able to interact and coordinate with other sounds and frequencies.


I think of DNA, the world’s greatest receptacle of stored knowledge, which God so wisely made at the beginning of Creation.


CRISPR technology has made man falsely think he can change, shuffle, add or delete tiny DNA details around and so make a “better” race of men – humanoids, or as the Moderna website says, they want to “assemble a library of Chimeras”!


I’ve been dwelling on this idea of how details I see and paint relate to the current haste to coerce and convince others to shoot a toxic cocktail of spurious matter into your holy Temple, your physical body.


I’ve been reading personal and family accounts of those injured, and of others having to sign non-disclosure agreements when having major limb amputation surgeries caused by baxx blood clots.


I’ve read about the very recent 580% greater airline cancellations due to blood clotting above a certain altitude.


And I’ve also seen these personal testimonies, posted to warn others, be completely wiped off social media within hours of being posted…


Little details matter.


We are each unique, strong yet delicate sentient beings, with eternal spirits which rise.

 

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? ~ Ecclesiastes 3:21


What we believe about small details and how we manipulate them, changes man’s future here on Earth and also perhaps in the soul and spirit realm. 



Sometimes when I paint and make mistakes, I can fix things. But changing one aspect almost always causes a need to change other things.


Sometimes my mistakes cannot be changed. My painting results are permanent reminders of my decisions in mixing color, taking up a brush and placing it on canvas or paper.


Our decisions regarding changing small details have lasting consequences.


For this vital reason, we must seek the Lord’s face for clear direction before making important, life-altering changes in living detail.


With love and deep concern,


Elise



Psalm 86


Bow down thine ear, O Lord, hear me:

for I am poor and needy.

Preserve my soul; for I am holy:

O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.

Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.

Rejoice the soul of thy servant:

for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

 For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive;

and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

 Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer;

and attend to the voice of my supplications.

In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: 

for thou wilt answer me.

Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord;

neither are there any works like unto thy works.

All nations whom thou hast made shall come 

and worship before thee,

O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

 For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: 

thou art God alone.

Teach me thy way, O Lord;

I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart:

and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

For great is thy mercy toward me:

and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

O God, the proud are risen against me,

and the assemblies of violent men 

have sought after my soul;

and have not set thee before them.

But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious,

long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me;

give thy strength unto thy servant, 

and save the son of thine handmaid.

 Shew me a token for good;

that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed:

because thou, Lord, hast holpen me, and comforted me.


 

“The truth of the story lies in the details.”

~ Paul Auster

 


“I've heard it said that God is in the details.

It's the same with the truth.

Leave out the details, the crucial heart,

and you can damn someone with the bare bones of it.”


~ Libba Bray

 


“Tiny details imperceptible to us decide everything!”


~ Winfried Georg Sebald

 


“I saw in details while she saw in scope.

Not seeing the scope is why I am here and she is not.

I took each element separately and never looked to see

that they never did fit together properly”


~ Erin Morgenstern

 


“Everything made by human hands looks terrible under magnification--crude, rough, and asymmetrical. But in nature every bit of life is lovely. And the more magnification we use, the more details are brought out, perfectly formed, 

like endless sets of boxes within boxes.”


~ Roman Vishniac

 


“When we focus so hard on the tiny details,

we leave ourselves open to miss the bigger picture.

Details matter and so does an eagles point of view.”


~ Rosangel Perez

 


“The smaller the detail, the greater the value”


~ Doug Johnson

 


“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:

and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

For by me thy days shall be multiplied,

and the years of thy life shall be increased.

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself:

but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

 

~ Proverbs 9:10-12

 


Hear O Lord and Answer

– song lyrics taken from Psalm 86

 

“Hear, O Lord, and answer,
I am poor and needy,
Guard my life for I am devoted to You


Hear my prayer, O Lord,
And my cry for mercy,
In this day of trouble I will call to You.


Teach me, O Lord, I will walk in Your truth,
Give me an undivided heart.


Nations You've made will worship You
For You alone are the living God.


I will praise You
I will praise You,
Glorify Your name, O Lord.


I will praise You
I will praise You,
Glorify Your name, O Lord."

Blogger Template by Clairvo